A Look At The Most Productive Muscle Building Exercises When In the Gym In Glebe
Bodyfit Glebe provides a detailed look at the most effective muscle building exercises, as well as a body part by body part breakdown. Stop wasting time in the gym in Glebe and start getting results!
A workout is made up of only a certain number of exercises and sets. Constructing a workout without a purpose, and without the use of the best available tools will only waste your time in the Glebe gym. If you want to gain muscle and strength at the fastest rate possible, you will be required to choose the best possible exercises.
The following exercises are the most effective when trying to build muscle. You will notice that they generally fall into three categories:
- Barbell Exercises
- Dumbbell Exercises
- Bodyweight Exercises
When you begin to explore muscle building workouts, you will notice that the large majority of these routines make use of barbells and dumbbells. These movements are generally performed first for a body part, and are then followed by cable and machine exercises. While some cables and machines can be beneficial, they are rarely as good as their dumbbell or barbell counterparts.
A Smith machine bench press is not as effective as a barbell or dumbbell bench press. Lat pull downs are nowhere near as effective as pull ups. And a leg press is not as effective as deep squats.
The following exercises are considered as the top seven. If your goal is to build muscle, consider fitting these into your workouts when in the gym in Glebe.
The Top Seven Exercises for Building muscle When Working Out in the Gym in Glebe
Both dumbbell and barbell rows are great upper back exercises. Old school barbell T-bar rows are also a great choice. While machine and cable lifts are usually sub-par, seated cable rows can be very effective and challenging when working out in the gym in Glebe.
There are various quality variations of the overhead press that can be used to build muscle. Nearly all standing and seated dumbbell and barbell overhead presses are great options. You may also use the Arnold dumbbell press, and the behind the neck overhead presses. An additionally popular press variation is the standing push press.
The bench press is an upper body staple. There are numerous highly effective variations including the flat bench barbell press, flat bench dumbbell bench press, incline bench barbell press and incline dumbbell bench press.
It appears that even the strongest and most fit Glebe gym goers can barely squeak out more than a few pull ups. The pull up is an excellent exercise for building the biceps and back, and should be considered instead of inferior exercises such as the lat pull down when possible in the gym in Glebe.
Dips are also referred to as the upper body squat, and for good reason. Dips work the shoulders, triceps and chest very hard, and are an effective overall exercise for building a larger upper body. Dips should be performed at a parallel bar dipping station in the gym in Glebe.
Second only to squats in effectively achieving muscle building results, deadlifts are another exercise that will pack on slabs of muscle mass while helping you become stronger. Like squats, deadlifts can only be performed in the Glebe gym using a barbell.
Squats are the epitome of all muscle and strength building exercises. No workout should be without deep squats. They are completed with a barbell, generally in a squat rack. Squats not only build stronger legs, but also stress most of the upper body. They are like a hormonal nuclear bomb – destroying the entire body, forcing it to get bigger and stronger with every rep.
The Best Exercises Per Body Part
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press. A great alternative to the incline barbell press.
- Dumbbell Bench Press. You will be able to feel the chest work heavily with the pressing variation of this particular exercise.
- Dips. Once considered the upper body squat, dips are a great acquaintance to any bench press exercise in the gym in Glebe.
- Incline Bench Press. The top choice of many top pro bodybuilders.
- Bench Press. The leader of all upper body muscle building exercises.
- Power Clean. The explosiveness of the power clean effectively works the back from traps down.
- Dumbbell Row. A great second alternative to barbell rows, especially if your lower back is lacking some strength.
- Barbell Row. No back building workout should be completed whilst missing a heavy row, and barbell rows are at the top of the list.
- Pull Ups. A far superior choice to lat pull downs. If you can do one, aim for two. If you can do two, aim for three! If you can’t do them at all, use rack chins in your gym in Glebe.
- Deadlifts. Nothing builds strong backs like the deadlift. The sheer act of holding a barbell with heavy weight forces the lats to endure an incredible amount of stress.
- Squats. The leading exercise of all muscle building lifts.
- Barbell Lunge. Lunges are a high quality leg-building staple.
- Leg Press. If you don’t have access to a squat rack at the gym in Glebe, this is your next best alternative.
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts. Force your hamstrings to become stronger!
- Front Squats. Another top choice of bodybuilding professionals. Front squats can be tricky to learn, but you will be rewarded with big wheels once mastered.
- Seated Two Arm Dumbbell Tricep Extension. Enables you to lift heavy weight and get access to a deep stretch. You will require a good spotter.
- Barbell Curls. A classic exercise. Try not to limit yourself to the squat rack within the gym at Glebe – venture out.
- Dips. Much more effective than the majority of tricep isolation exercises.
- Close Grip Bench Press. This exercise allows for a large amount of weight to be put on the triceps.
- Chin Ups. A shocker, but chin ups (performed with palms toward the face) are an amazing bicep builder, perhaps even more effective than straight bar curls.
- Seated Dumbbell Press. A little easier on the shoulders for many Glebe gym goers because the dumbbells can be placed in a more natural position.
- Seated Behind The Neck Press. Go no deeper than arms parallel to the floor, and this is a great choice.
- Bench Press. The bench press is an extremely solid front delt builder. In fact, if your chest day involves numerous pressing exercises, there’s a good chance you won’t require any direct front delt work on shoulder day.
- Military Press. This exercise has been a staple of great workouts in Glebe gyms for many years.
- Push Press. Distinct similarities to the military press, but utilising more of an Olympic lifting-style explosiveness.
We are a welcoming community, meaning we embrace everyone and treat you equally. When you train at Bodyfit Glebe, you’re one of us! What makes Bodyfit Glebe awesome is not only our people but our facilities. At this location is a Crèche, Sauna, Fuel Bar and Steam Room.
Bodyfit, got it in one.